Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Day 19 - Tuesday 14th August

Nicky had an appointment this morning at the hospital to see the mid-wife and get blood tests. We decided that I should go with her in case anything happened and Suzy stayed at home to look after Amelia. I doubt if I'd be very good at delivering a baby on the way to hospital but at least I'd be able to drive her there.

The mid-wife told her that the baby's measurements are consistent with a week 37 baby whereas the 40 week mark is on Sunday. Nicky thinks she's just going to be a small baby.

One of the mid-wife's suggestions has been for Nicky to do a lot of walking and so when we got back to East Finchley, we collected Suzy and Amelia and went for a walk to Highgate Woods which is just over 1km away.

Nicky and Amelia had never been to this park before. It turned out to be a good place to go because it not only had a children's playground (like most parks here seem to have) but it was a bigger playground than most. Even better, part of the playground was fenced off with special activities for children under five. Amelia loved it.

Part of the idea of taking Amelia to the park is make sure she is tired enough to have a sleep after lunch. She runs around from one activity to the next for an hour or more. I don't know if it tired her out but Grandpa was certainly worn out

Late afternoon, I decided to go for a walk to get some exercise. Initially I planned to walk along The Bishops Avenue just north of East Finchley Station. This pretty tree-lined road had lots of expensive houses.

I continued on towards Hampstead Heath and passed Kenwood House and Spaniards Inn until I reached Jack Straws Castle where Nicky and John used to live until a few weeks ago. It took about 45 minutes to get there.

Amelia loves her sandpit in the back yard. Part of the fun is filling up her watering can with the hose and emptying the contents into one half of the sandpit.  She ends up getting very wet.

Nicky and Suzy had used the new Crock-Pot (slow cooker) to prepare a delicious chicken dish for dinner. Amelia enjoyed it too.

Suzy downloaded the Wheels on the Bus app on her iPhone. Amelia loved it so much that I downloaded it my iPad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.