Friday, 24 August 2012

Day 29 - Friday 24th August

Yesterday John set up a bed for himself on the middle level of the town house so he could get some sleep and still be on call to help out with Alexis if Nicky needed him. He managed to get a full night's sleep because Alexis had a much better night. So Nicky also managed to get some sleep (but obviously not a full night's sleep).

John was worried about the slow speed of the WiFi internet connection and so he rang BT. In the end they agreed to send him a new modem overnight.

I was also having trouble connecting to the internet on my laptop. I rely on my laptop for various tasks such as updating my blog, uploading photos to my photo site, and  synching my iPhone and iPad. So it was very frustrating. All the iPhones, iPads and MacBooks in the house were able to get a connection.

Late morning, Suzy and I took Amelia to the playground at the park (Cherry Tree Wood) to give Nicky, John and Alexis a little peace and quiet.

Amelia then had a sleep before John took her to Clowns Nursery.

After lunch, I went for a walk to Barclays Bank at North Finchley to get Euros for our trip to Ireland. Halfway there, it started to sprinkle but not enough to get me wet. The forecast was for rain later this afternoon and I was hoping to fit in my walk before the rain.

At the end of the afternoon, I took my laptop to a local computer store to try to get an internet connection but I had the same problem as at John's place. So the problem with connecting to the internet must be with my laptop.

Nicky and John took Alexis for a walk in the pram before John had to go to Clowns to pick up Amelia.

I tried lots of things to get my laptop to work but without success and decided to call Dell in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.