Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Day 27 - Wednesday 22nd August

Amelia was booked in to go to the creche this morning at the David Lloyd sporting centre where Nicky and John go to the gym. I pushed her there in the stroller (a 30 minute walk) and got her there in time at 9:30am.

The staff got me to fill in a form giving my phone number and location. I was about to leave and go back home when they told me that I couldn't leave the building.

Apparently when they asked for my location they meant I had to tell them where I would be in the centre. The idea is that you leave the child while you go to the gym or play tennis at the centre. I went downstairs to the cafe and had a coffee.

Suzy was planning to come back with me to pick her up but I rang her to tell her there was no point. So she took the opportunity to do a lot of cleaning at home in anticipation of Alexis coming home from the hospital today.

At 11:30am, I went back upstairs to pick up Amelia. When I walked into the room, she ran across the room - dodging countless toys - and gave me a big hug. I then pushed her home in her stroller.

John, Nicky and Alexis drove into the driveway at about 12:30pm. She was sound asleep in the car capsule and stayed asleep until about 2pm - sleeping like a baby.

Every now and then she would half open her eyes when there was any noise - such as from her big sister or from Daddy assembling her new pram. I haven't heard her cry yet.

When she started to stir, Grandma picked Alexis up from her capsule and held her for the first time. There were a few little whimpers but she seemed very contented. While Nicky was breast feeding her, Grandma went upstairs to wake Amelia and bought her downstairs.

The new pram is quite an elaborate apparatus - it looks like a small car. It has a horizontal carrier for the baby and a sloping seat for a toddler. It took quite an effort for Nicky and John to assemble it.

John drove Amelia to Clowns Nursery at Golders Green. He then had to take the car to a BMW dealership to get the car electronics fixed.

After John returned home, we started installing new towel rails in the bathroom. Later John picked up Amelia from Clowns and she was as active as usual. Through all of this commotion, Alexis just slept soundly.

We had a barbecue for dinner before Amelia went to bed. It will be interesting to see how well Alexis goes on her first night at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.