Thursday, 23 August 2012

Day 28 - Thursday 23rd August

Amelia woke at about 7:30am and we went through the normal routine of breakfast, games, TV, etc.  There was no sign of Nicky, John or Alexis.

Suzy and I were about to take Amelia to the zoo mid-morning (after Peppa Pig) when the doorbell rang. It was a midwife coming to see mother and baby for the first regular visit. Nicky, John and Alexis came downstairs to see her.

It turns out they had been up all night with Alexis because she didn't sleep well and needed frequent feeds. Nicky looked very tired. They were hoping to get some sleep during the day.

John ordered a taxi for us to go to the zoo. The zoo is in Regent's Park and we've driven past it several times in the last couple of weeks on the way to the hospital. When we arrived at the zoo, there was a long queue for tickets.

We'd been to London Zoo last year with Amelia. She didn't seem very interested last year but this time she really enjoyed it - running from one exhibit to another.

Nicky said that the last time she took Amelia to the zoo they didn't get to see the giraffes and so we went there first. In this African area of the zoo we saw other animals such as warthogs and zebras.

We spent more time at the zoo than last year and saw parts that we'd missed last year. For example, we all enjoyed the aquarium and Australian animals.

For lunch we went to the cafe and found a table under the trees. Suzy went inside to buy some food while I organised the chairs and highchair at a table. I looked around to find that Amelia had vanished. Several nervous minutes passed before I eventually spotted her in the distance near the merry-go-rounds.

We caught a taxi home and found Nicky and John with Alexis in the pram ready to go for a walk. John put Amelia down for a nap. Soon afterwards, I decided I needed a nap too after our trip to the zoo.

For dinner, John organised a very nice Italian takeaway from a restaurant at the nearby East Finchley shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.