Apparently Alexis slept well initially last night but then was very unsettled for 2 or 3 hours. Several times Suzy heard Alexis crying and went upstairs to help.
The forecast rain had arrived overnight. Amelia, Suzy and John all slept in until after 8:30am. Nicky and Alexis came downstairs at about 10am.
I rang Dell about the problem I've been having since yesterday morning in connecting to the internet. It turned out to be a problem with the McAfee anti-virus software. Apparently a recent McAfee update caused problems for computers all over the world. The Dell technician did a remote connection to my laptop and fixed the problem.
My Ultrabook was back in action again and I was very pleased. I was now able to update my blog and my photo site. A parcel arrived from BT in the post but it turned out not to be the new modem. Yes, they have mail and parcel deliveries on Saturdays in the UK.
John took Amelia to the soft-play area at the David Lloyd sport centre at North Finchley for a couple of hours (to reduce the activity and noise level and to give Amelia some entertainment). He brought her back for lunch and a sleep.
Football news was all bad news because the Wallabies were beaten by New Zealand and Collingwood lost in the AFL.
A mid-wife from the hospital arrived after lunch for a regular visit to see Nicky and Amelia. She weighed her and gave her a blood test.
For a while there was a relaxing quiet period while both girls slept.
During the afternoon, rain and thunderstorms passed through. In a break in the weather, I went for a long walk around Muswell Hill and Highgate. The others went for a short walk with the kids. We all needed some exercise after being stuck in the house for most of the day because of the weather.
Alexis had a bath in the new baby bath that Nicky had bought. The first bath took lots of helpers and onlookers.
Later John and I gave Amelia a bath and shampoo.
After dinner, Alexis was unsettled. We all took turns to try to settle her down. Nicky took the opportunity to get some sleep. Later John took Alexis for a walk in her pram for about 40 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.