Friday, 17 August 2012

Day 22 - Friday 17th August

Nicky had an appointment mid-morning at Primrose Hill and so Suzy and I came along too so we could look after Amelia in Primrose Hill Park. We found a playground there.

At the centre of Primrose Hill Park is . . . . a hill. After we finished at the playground, we took turns to push the stroller up to the top of the hill to get a view of the park and the city.

Amelia was too excited to settle down and have her sleep after lunch. Nicky thinks it's because there are extra people in the house - Suzy, me and Alan the Cleaner.

Nicky took Amelia to Clowns Nursery while Suzy and I caught the train to Camden Town because there are street markets there that she wanted to visit. Nicky had told us it was best to go on a weekday because it is too crowded on the weekend.

When we got there, it was very crowded and so we were glad we took Nicky's advice. We strolled up the street past the permanent shops until we reached the canal. Next to the bridge were two locks. One vessel had just finished going upstream through the lock and another one was about to come down.

Nearby there were temporary stalls in the plaza and cobblestone streets. We stopped for a beer and a gin and tonic at a bar overlooking the canal.

Suzy originally wanted a Pimms and lemonade but they told me they only do Pimms in a jug for multiple people. As it turned out, the customer in front of me ordered the Pimms in a jug. The only real difference I could think of was all the fruit they put in the jug.

Suzy then went off to look at the market stalls whereas I went for a walk along the canal. I enjoyed the walk and could have continued along the canal for hours. The scenery was peaceful and pretty with trees along both sides of the canal. The path was being used by pedestrians and cyclists.

I got back to the house about 20 minutes before Suzy. Nicky got home soon after. Suzy decided to go with Nicky to pick up Amelia from Clowns because they thought she would be grumpy after not having had a sleep after lunch.

Nicky and John had booked to go out for dinner at an Indian restaurant in East Finchley.

Suzy and I looked after Amelia. This involved giving her dinner and a bath followed by Peppa Pig in TV. I'd download a Peppa Pig book on my iPad which we read to her before she went to bed.

We got take-away fish and chips for dinner and we were still finishing it when Nicky and John got home. John downloaded a movie from their Apple TV system for us to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.