Thursday, 6 September 2012

Day 42 - Thursday 6th September

The plane arrived on time at Narita Airport (Tokyo) at 9:05am. Overnight I'd managed to have short naps for a few hours. Normally I have trouble getting any sleep on a flight but BA's business class seats fold down flat and horizontal. Business class seats were only half full. Most of the passengers were Japanese.

The shuttle bus to the Radisson Narita hotel was due at 10:00. It took a while to find the right bus stand because there about 40 bus stands going to all sorts of destinations. Naturally the bus arrived exactly on time. They had to pick up a passenger at the other terminal and we reached the hotel by 10:30.

Since the normal check-in time is 3pm, my room wasn't ready yet but they arranged for it to be ready within an hour. My room is on the top floor (level 11) overlooking the pool and gardens. I can see planes landing at the airport in the distance.

While I was waiting for my room, I sat in the lounge using their WiFi access to read the newspapers on my iPad. There is cable internet in the room but no WiFi.

The hotel is well suited to foreign travellers. There are a lot of Americans staying here - especially airline flight crews. The staff speak enough English to be able to deal with their guests.

It's a spacious hotel with extensive grounds with lots of facilities. There is a restaurant, bar, lounge areas, an indoor pool, outdoor pool, gardens, an area for outdoor weddings, car parks, conference facilities, meeting rooms, a business centre, etc.

I had a buffet meal in the restaurant for both lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.