I've always had difficulty getting any sleep when flying in economy class and last night was no exception. I got absolutely no sleep at all - not a wink. They turned on the cabin lights at about 3pm Tokyo time to have breakfast. We landed at about 6:30am Sydney time (5:30am Tokyo time).
The taxi ride home from the airport from the airport was worse than normal. The driver was a dill. As usual his English was very poor and he didn't know where Killara was. He tried entering my address into his TomTom but it took numerous attempts to spell Killara etc.
He drove like a learner - jerking all over the road - he didn't seem confident behind the wheel. At the airport, the attendants were yelling at him because he was holding up the other taxis and he almost caused a collision several times.
On leaving the airport, he wanted to take an exit that would have taken us to the western or southern suburbs. So I had to direct him most of the way home. I didn't want to give him a tip but he couldn't find any loose change and so I gave up on him. I can't imagine such a comedy happening with a London taxi driver.
When I walked into the family room, Cleo seemed to be startled to see me after all this time. It was good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.