The buffet breakfast in the hotel was the best breakfast we've had so far in our trip to Ireland. Radisson hotels normally do a good buffet. There was an impressive selection of food.
After breakfast we went shopping for some new shirts for me. Suzy then went on her own to the local markets and to do more shopping.
I went for a walk through the town and along the river. In the plaza, there were various street performers - mainly musicians - including one Australian.
The river was very pretty. It was fast flowing and had several weirs and feeder canals.
I had a buffet lunch and a beer back at the hotel. Suzy returned to our room from her shopping expedition just after me. She said that the winds were getting very strong.
I took the opportunity to catch up on my blog and photo sites. As the afternoon progressed, the weather deteriorated. The strong winds were blowing the rain almost horizontally. Football supporter flags lining the street weren't just flapping in the breeze - they were in danger of being torn from the poles or shredded.
Originally we'd planned to find a restaurant in town for dinner but we decided that the weather too bad to go out and so we went to the hotel restaurant.
It seemed as though most of the other guests had decided to do the same. The restaurant staff were run off their feet and were clearly stressed. It probably didn't help that there was a major event in the ballroom that night too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I've turned on the "comment moderation" option so I can check comments before they are posted on my blog. This is to eliminate problems such as spam.